Be AWARE of the Warning Signs of Suicide
Such As Talking About:
- Being a burden to those around them.
- Feeling trapped or experiencing unbearable pain.
- Having few if any reasons to live.
- Killing themselves
Specific Behaviors to Look For:
- Using an increased amount of drugs or alcohol
- Searching for ways to kill themselves
- Acting recklessly or dangerously
- Withdrawing from activities they usually participate in.
- Isolating themselves from friends and family
- Giving away possessions
- Saying goodbye to friends and family
- Showing increased signs of aggression
Moods that Are Often Displayed by Suicidal People
- Loss of Interest
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (2017). Risk factors and warning signs of suicide. Accessed August 7, 2007 from: https://afsp.org/about-suicide/risk-factors-and-warning-signs/